Understanding NCB Home Remodel Projects and Pricing
We specialize in all aspects of construction projects including New Construction, Poptops, Additions and ADU’s as well as any major Interior Remodels. The three most common questions we get when considering any of these projects is; where do we start, how long will it take and how much does it cost. Below is a quick guide to project costs to help answer these questions and give some background info into what a project entails.
How Much Does It Cost?
This is always one of the most important parts of any project and always one of the first questions asked. Below is a general guideline for a standard project with standards finishes to help with budgeting.
- New Builds (200-350 per SQFT) i.e. a 3000 sqft home would be= 3000 x 250= $750,000
- Additions (175-275 per SQFT and up) 800 sqft addition= 800 x 225= $180,000
- Poptops (225-400 per SQFT)= 1500 sqft= 1500 x 225= $375,000
- Interior Remodels (80-250 per SQFT) = 600sqft kitchen = 600 x 150= $90,000
- ADU’s (150-225 per SQFT) 600sqft ADU with 600 garage below= 1200 x 150= $180,000
How Long Does It Take?
After the above preliminary protocols have been complete and the permit has been issued for construction the real progress begins.
Of course no one has a crystal ball but we do are best to schedule and forecast out our projects to help give you, as well as ourselves, an accurate and workable timeline. Below are some of the average timelines for each project
- New Build (7-12 Months)
- Additions (5-9 Months)
- Poptops (6-9 Months)
- Interior Remodels (3-9 Months)
- ADU’s (3-6 Months)
Where we Start
We like to start with a quick 5-10 minute conversation via phone to understand what your goals are and how can we help. We will visit the proposed project site to get a better understanding of the site and how the new project will interact.
Once we settle on a preliminary plan we can begin the preliminary project protocol;
- Site Survey (1-3 weeks)
- Soils Report (6 weeks)
- Architectural site plans and design drawings with bulk plane (3 weeks)
- Structural Engineering Design (3 Weeks)
- Estimate and Contract with General Contractor (3 weeks)
- Permit review with the City (6-10 weeks) (Can vary per county)
- Neighbor Notification Letters (10 days)
Total Preliminary Duration (3-4 Months)
If that list seems daunting, have no fear we have all the industry contacts to help you through the process as well as the ability to offer Design Build assistance and/or work directly with your architect of choice to help get you the best project possible.
Note: These are only working guidelines and each project is unique to both location and building department. Some interior projects may only take several weeks to permit while some custom homes may take 6-9 months.
With every project comes new and unique challenges so these costs are always capable of fluctuating both up and down. Many projects often include more work then the immediate affected area for example a poptop often times requires a remodel on the existing area of the home as well as the new construction so costs may increase.
If you are interested in having a discussion about these projects and want to further explore your options please do not hesitate to contact us today.